Thursday, February 21, 2019

   I am going to continue my education in upholstery. Next month I will be in a sewing class like Kelly is taking.


 That will finish up in September. There is a good chance I will also start sewing in a factory for the experience.
We just finished this couch

                                   There is a plan behind this. Once school is done, we are going to continue our education with some of the boat canvas workshops that are available, at different places around the country. It won't take long to complete the ones we want to take. We are getting serious about doing boat upholstery/canvas.

    We have all the sewing machines we need to do any kind of sewing we want to do.

   Now the best part of the plan. I have started looking for another sailboat.  We are moving back to the coast. This time further south. Considering Savannah, Georgia as the furthest north we want to be. We are going to start an upholstery/canvas business wherever we move to. We will decide how much of the year we will be sailing the Caribbean

   I told Kelly this morning that we would be sailing in the Caribbean a year from now.  She nodded her head knowingly and said "I know".
I was pretty sure she would like the idea. I primed her by taking the ASA 101 and ASA 103 sailing courses with her last year.
                                   
   If you have read much of this blog... you know something about the back pain I have fought with. It has not only been a hardship getting to a point where I could work again. But somewhat difficult getting things to line up to get me out traveling under sail.

It helps having a partner who is interested in the same thing.



We are opposites in some ways....but very much alike in the ways that count most

2 comments:

  1. Love this post. I'm very happy for you and Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must have missed your comment. Thank you. Life is good for us.

      Delete